Happy 2017 friends!
As I sit down to wrap 2016, my ears are still ringing this morning from last nights rock-n-roll blow-out show at my hometown bar Melody Inn. I’m a lucky guy. Didn’t come to Indianapolis with any interest in growing my “fan base” or playing many live shows, but the local love is very much appreciated. A great way to end 2016!
So I’m about done now with the City At Night album push. Had a lot of fun making this very Indiana based album. Great band, great producer and I’m really happy with the album songs/sound. For some of these tunes, it was time to finally have good quality recorded versions available and documented. I can’t tell you how lucky I feel to still be making music that moves me. I don’t take it for granted that I can still create without any pressure to please anyone but myself. An admittedly indulgent endeavor, but I appreciate all you folks who have come along for the song rides over many years now.
Musically, I guess I’m back to the blank page. Back up to the attic..noodling around to see if I have anything left to say/song..
It’s been a full 2016. I’ve traveled all over the world this year (Galapagos Islands, Berlin, Milan, Prague x 2, Mexico), and have a busy Winter travel schedule coming up. January/February tend to be the months that we split Indy to catch some warmth. Heading to Palm Springs, Vietnam, Cuba and Barcelona over the next few months.
Wrapping up this music year, here are some City At Night highlights you may have missed during my minimalist one month one show album promo campaign:)
- My friends at NUVO premiered my music video for the song “Plain Jane”. Check out the video at Plain Jane .
- My “4AM” song video was premiered by both DittyTV and The Alternate Root Magazine. Check out the video at 4AM.
- I made this lo-fi music video for one of my fave new tracks “Whisker Brain”. Check out the video at Whisker Brain.
- And just got word that my song “Draw the Line” will be used in the upcoming Nicolas Cage film Vengeance: A Love Story. Slated for theater release Spring/Summer 2017.
- I also did an interview with Bill Frater from No Depression. You can check out that interview here at Slow Turtle Winner.
- City At Night reached #31 on the College Radio Charts for one week in December.
- Over 150 NPR/Americana radio stations in the U.S. and Europe continue to play the new City At Night album.
- The hit Netflix series Longmire featured my song “Yonder” this year.
- Pattern Magazine did a cool photo shoot and interview. Check that out at Pattern.
- Can’t forget that NUVO actually put me on the cover of their alt-weekly newspaper this year! Certainly the most comprehensive look at my music career to date. Find the article at NUVO
Have a great 2017!